SUMMER TIME & SPACE
Been meaning to send this ezap for a while but I felt some kind of habitual and totally unnecessary pressure to write something useful, ie., meaningful, significant, semiprofound. When I looked in my mind for that message, there was nothing there. Oh, aha. I get it. Sometimes the medium really is the message. Gap.
It felt good to practice what I preach. Gap. Gap. Gap. Not filling space, not filling time. Staying still and reasonably steady.
It’s very heartening to feel the restorative quality of that experience. Resisting the urge to constantly push the equation forward resulted in a very natural sense of openness and even some cool insights. It felt like a life-savasana. (read more below)
- OM 500 hour TeacherTraining New York City (the only one in 2014)
For yoga teachers with a Yoga Alliance approved200 hour TT certificate
Part 1: January 18-26, 2014.
Part 2: April 4-13, 2-14 (Part 2) Click here to apply.
- OM Meditation Immersion & Teacher Training www.kripalu.org January 12-17 (Level 1 & 2) Kripalu, MA
- OM Meditation Teacher Training (Level 1 & 2) New York City
- OM Restorative Teacher Training New York City
- OM Pranayama Teacher Training New York City
Workshops & Retreats
- August 15 – 17 Finding Clarity, Strength & Stability. Kripalu, MA kripalu.org
* May I Be Happy — NorthEast mini-tour * _____________
- August 14 Class at Yoga Loft, signing at Book Garden. Frenchtown, NJ
- August 15 Freeport, LI – Class & signing at Breathe n Flow Yoga
- August 30 -September 2, May I Be Happy, yoga & Meditation retreat for women. Shambhala Mountain, CO – shambhalamountain.org
- August 19, – Just added! Special Summer Treat: An Evening Practice. Tacoma Park, MD. willowstreetyoga.com
- September 6 – 8, Sanity & Sweat, weekend workshopsTriyoga, London – www.triyoga.co.uk
- September 20, Two workshops at James River Yoga Lynchburg, VA –
- Nov 22 – 24, May I Be Happy, weekend retreaKripalu, MA -t kripalu.org
And like regular savasana, my gap-ness came at just the right time, following a dense period of work, including a lot of international teaching. The first True Nature yoga/music event, that I co-founded with Suke Kawazu, was a super positive fun weekend. After a brief stop at wonderful Yogaville for a packed workshop with many awesome yogis, I went to Berlin to teach the second OM yoga 200 hour TT.
MAY I BE HAPPY! Then…over the July 4th holiday, I taught my first May I Be Happy weekend retreat at Omega and it, well, it was a happy thing. There were tears, too, as many of our glass half-empty habits transformed and even dissolvedthrough the self-care of meditation, yoga, deep sharing…and some homemade ice cream. One participant wrote: “ the warm, supportive breakthrough workshop will impact the rest of my life.” There are more May I Be Happy retreats coming up this year, see the sched below or here.
CONSULTING & TEACHING – JUST ME & YOU
In between gaps, I’ve been skyping with many of you! My on-line teaching and consulting work is growing!
Whether it is:
* developing a regular meditation practice,
* creating a new studio, or
* marketing your special teaching offering,
…my experience as a yoga teacher, yoga studio owner and yogini on the mat provides me with a vast array of skillful means for offering my clients personal and real solutions to their obstacles. Let your life be your practice; step onto a clear path with positivity and confidence and flourish as your own best self. If you are interested in consulting or private teaching with me, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I was also thrilled to see that my new book May I Be Happy: A Memoir of Love, Yoga, and Changing My Mind was included in the Kripalu summer reading list compiled by Valerie Reiss.
In June I was interviewed by Suzanne Bryant-Cunha for Yoga Is, an upcoming virtual conference with zillions of yogis, including Rodney Yee, Rod Stryker, Krishna Das, Dharma Mittra — lots of inspiring wisdom! You can watch any or all of these video interviews for free, so, why not check it out? It launches August 12. entheos.com