Register by October 19th for discounted rate: $185
$225 • November 19th-20th
This course is for anyone with a genuine interest in meditation practice, with or without an interest in teaching meditation.
Cyndi teaches shamatha or mindfulness/awareness meditation as the foundation for cultivating self-knowledge and confidence in our own goodness, insight and compassion. Buddhist teachings say that the ground of our being is unconditional wisdom and compassion. But we don’t always recognize this in ourselves or others, because of obstacles such as mental discursiveness, grumpy inner critic, fear, discouragement, or lack of focus.
Shamatha meditation, taught for over 2,500 years, offers a simple, yet profound technique for helping us focus and relax at the same time, so that we can allow our true nature to flower.
The fruit of this practice is the ability to connect to our inherent strength, stability and clarity. These are the same tools we use when teaching meditation to others.
|Saturday, November 19||OM Meditation TT, Level 1 • 11:00am-6:00pm|
|Sunday, November 20||OM Meditation TT, Level 1 • 1:30pm-4:00pm|
- clear meditation instruction and daily practice
- sitting posture work
- simple stretching and some restorative yoga
- specific instruction in how to teach meditation talks for a group
- teaching practice in front of the group, with feedback from Cyndi
- shamatha, vipassana, maitri and walking meditation instruction and practice
- how to develop a healthy meditation practice
- overview of the stages on the Buddhist path
- Understanding the Four Noble Truths and how that relates to all of us now
- purpose of meditation
- journaling homework
- small study group assignments
- reading assignments
Pre-requisite: anyone with a genuine interest in meditation practice, with or without an interest in teaching meditation.
- Get inspiration for beginning a daily meditation
- Refresh your current practice
- Learn/clarify your understanding of the fundamentals of meditation practice
- Gain understanding of the Buddhist path
- Shamatha or mindfulness meditation
- Introduction to Vipassana or awareness meditation
- Introduction to Maitri or lovingkindness meditation
- Walking meditation as a bridge practice between formal sitting meditation and the more interactive experience of our daily life
- Stretching and restorative yoga, supported with bolsters, to help your body stay pliant and reawaken stagnant physical energy
- Dharma Talk by Cyndi “Getting Familiar”
- Detailed Shamatha Instruction
- Short Practice Period
- Shamatha practice
- Overview of the stages of Meditation and the Buddhist Path
- Q & A
- Dharma Talk: “Motivation & Dedication:
- Introduction of Maitri/Lovingkindness practice
For more details about this training please CLICK HERE.
This program is part of the OM 500 Teacher Training, and may be taken alone.