Cyndi offers you a path toward developing clarity, strength, and stability in your yoga practice and in your life. Clarity separates truth from fiction, fantasy from reality. Building strength can help us to overcome habitual patterns. Finding stability enables us weather the ups and downs of life.
What do you need to get started? The body and mind that you have today! You don’t need to wait until your body is “just right” and your mind is calm. You can start just as you are.
How do we proceed? OM yoga practice integrates flowing yoga asanas with precise alignment and mindfulness meditation. Cyndi’s creative and logical sequencing will help you organize your body in a way that will unlock poses you might have thought were out of your reach. Meditation practice will help you see and release the negativity and fear, which has held you back.
Where are we going? We are going back home, not to some exotic place, but right where we started, with a new attitude and powerful tools to transform our world.
Active sessions will include standing and balancing poses, twists, hip and shoulder openers to help us feel more pliant and alive. We’ll balance this work with delicious stretching, restorative postures, nourishing pranayama and meditation. We’ll have time for questions and discussion, and you’ll leave with fun homework and journaling exercises to bring back home.
- Mindfulness meditation, instruction and practice
- Yoga asana sequences which create dots of awareness
- Taking a friendly approach to getting familiar with yourself, warts and all.
Saturday morning: Yoga is not an Aspirin
- Asana class exploring balancing poses in every which way
- Finding the middle path between not too tight and not too loose, in mind and body
- Integrating the principles of Tadasana and Savasana
Saturday afternoon: Dharma is the Underpants
- Fun Asana class to challenge what you think you can and can’t do
- Practice is Refuge: Obstacle as Path
- Hip Openers and Hip Closers
Sunday morning/afternoon: Purify and Gather – Two Sides of the Same Hanky: an active and restorative class