My dear friend Francesca Cervero has an amazing podcast for yogi’s: The Mentor Sessions: Support + Strategy for Yoga Teachers. Francesca is a full-time yoga teacher and yoga teacher’s mentor. She has been teaching yoga in New York City and Washington, DC since 2005.
It was an honor to join her on the latest podcast Practicing and Teaching Meditation with Cyndi Lee. I’m thrilled to share the conversation with you and hope you’ll find as much joy listening to our conversation as we did recording it for you!
Many yoga teachers want to have a meditation practice, or feel like they should have a meditation practice but don’t for some reason. Other yoga teachers practice meditation but feel shy or uncertain about how to incorporate meditation into their teaching. We are very lucky to have Cyndi Lee (!) on the podcast today, talking us through everything that is important about practicing and teaching meditation in her Classic Cyndi Way: clear, steady, gentle and warm.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- the benefits of a meditation practice and why all yoga teachers should have a meditation practice
- how to go about building a home meditation practice
- Cyndi’s advice for teachers who want to commit to their meditation practice, but struggle to show up regularly for it
- guidelines for sharing meditation in an asana class
- advice for teachers who want to incorporate dharma teachings into their yoga classes